Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Meeting with CleanSweep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> 108 Buccleuch St.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Meeting with CleanSweep Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have just had a phonecall from mr. Dunsmore of Hacking and Patterson to confirm that a meeting with the stair-cleaning company, CleanSweep, will take place on Thursday 10am at our building. I requested that meeting as they have been very unsatisfactory - one might say even worse than CAS.

If you could please attend, or pass me your comments before that date, I will make sure they are transferred to H&P and CleanSweep.
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got another call - it's now at 10.45 am.
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update of the meeting:

The CleanSweep manager was adamant that they are fulfilling their contract as specified (sweep and mop floors, clean handrails, clean door glass, remove cobwebs). He apologised for the cobwebs in the entrance that have been there for some time and said he would speak with his team to ensure this does not happen again.

Another issue I raised was the front door carpet not being dusted - he said it couldn't be done because it can't be lifted. I showed him otherwise and he said he'd raise it again with the cleaners.

I asked why are the cleaners in and out in 10 minutes flat when we're paying the equivalent of almost £50 per hour for the service for each of the two workers, and he replied that this covers other costs such as getting to the building etc (!).

Finally I pointed him towards some chewing gum that has been on the first step for some time now and he said he's surprised we didn't pick it up ourselves (why wait for the cleaners?). I think that he has a fair point there, but on the other hand since we didn't pick it up for whatever reason, why didn't the cleaners (who are being paid to do this)? There was no real answer to this.

He said that it was his professional opinion that the close could do with a thorough deep clean and that his company would be quite prepared to help maintain it to the best possible standard if we did this. He offered to give some contacts to H&P for companies that he would recommend for the deep clean and I think H&P will try to get some quotes from them.

I asked what guarantee do we have that the cleaners would actually respect the fact that we spent money deep cleaning this place (if we chose to do this) and also pay them handsomely for turning up to clean each week. It appears that there is (or should be) an inspection every three weeks, an inspector comes along with the cleaners to check everything is done properly.

I don't know what everyone else thinks but my own and very personal opinion regarding the cleaning is that :

a) we perform a thorough deep clean of the stairs (because it really bloody needs one!!) and
b) I would much prefer it if we hired a person for £15 per week to spend an entire hour cleaning and polishing up the place.

Regarding a), I have been wondering whether anyone would volunteer to help out with doing this one weekend, as I have a steam cleaning device at home.

Regarding b), I have paid a person in the past to do additional work on the top landing and stairs and was quite pleased with the result but I remember others were hesitant in going down that route. At least I do have the phone number now for CleanSweep and we can use this to complain to them directly if they prove unsatisfactory.

Finally, to improve the general state of the entrance and stairs, my opinion would be to at least plaster and paint the walls a light colour and definately change the light fittings, which I find sickening. However, we'd be going an entirely different road with this and probably that's a subject for another discussion.

Please let me know your opinions on the cleaning for now!!!

Andreas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> 108 Buccleuch St. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: