Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Meeting with factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernimac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Meeting with factor Reply with quote

Firstly, can I say that this website is a great idea and I hope it is widely used.
The meeting last Thursday I felt was a very positive step. This meeting was one of the outcomes of several months of communication and/or meetings with our MSP, local councillors, police, community safety dept of the council, other co-owners and, of course, the factor. The other outcome was the stiing up of a local neighbourhood watch, the next meeting of which is on Monday 26/11 at 7pm in the Garnethill Multicultural Centre. I hope as many residents as possible will attend.

The fact that we have had this meeting with the factor, the establishment of this website and the neighbourhood watch, can, I feel only be for the good of the community in the development.

Bernadette McCluskey
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bernadette,

I missed the neighbourhood watch meeting, have you got any updated for us?

108 is not part of the scheme, I think, as I am sure other buildings aren't either.. Maybe we should look at extending this to all the buildings in the development!

Andreas.
bernimac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas,

When I started to campaign for a neighbourhood watch I asked the factor to write to everyone in the development with a form to pass back to me. I got a very poor response. However, then held a meeting for the few people who had replied and some more people also turned up at the meeting. The way neighbourhood watch setup works is that you have to have 40% to be able to form one - so to do that successfully I only targeted the blocks that had shown the most interest, to enable me to get the 40%. If I had targeted everyone the %age wouldn't have been high enough , based on my initial campaign.

Now that it is set up all are most welcome to attend.

The minutes of the last meeting haven't been distributed yet but briefl, we discussed the factor's meeting, Karen Alexander from the police updated us on the crime in the area and we talked about a possible merger with the crime prevention panel. If this goes ahead, as hoped, we won't have to set up a seperate constitution, bank account etc and can also then look at applying for funding for signage etc.

Hope that has given you enough detail. Our next meeting will be on Monday 22/1/08 at 7pm in the Garnethill Multicultural Cente. I hope you can make it.

Bernadette
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I hope I can make it too Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: