Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Lighting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernimac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

I thought the members of the forum may be interested in the following correspondence.
Mr Dinsmore of Hacking & Paterson and Sgt Dukes of Strathclyde police have been pressing the council regarding the poor lighting in the development (in particular the west end car park).

I have today written to Councillor Gordon Matheson to find out if he can help as I do believe that we will never get the co-owners to pay for the installation & running costs of lighting (and personally I don't believe they should). I pointed out to him that all of the lighting in the development is poor.

I would urge anyone who feels strongly about this to also contact one of the councillors for our ward or indeed all of them. Something has to be done before someone is attacked.

Please see correspondence below:

[color=blue]Please find below the response received from Malcolm MacDonald from GCC in respect of the lighting proposals.

It looks like we may have to return to the original idea of the co owners paying for both the installation and the running costs of additional lighting.

Can you please let me know your thoughts?

Regards,

Graham H Dinsmore

[b]From: Macdonald, Malcolm [mailto:Malcolm.Macdonald@glasgow.gov.uk]
Sent: 23 January 2008 16:31
To: Graham Dinsmore
Cc: McGeady, Steven
Subject: RE: Buccleuch Park Development, 90-110 Buccleuch Street, Garnethill, Glasgow

Further to your e mail below, I am unaware who Sgt Dukes got his information from but he is correct as far as if the intention is to have the private area lighting connected to the Council`s street lighting network. The Council will maintain road and footpath lighting on Council adopted land. Ie Council adopted roads and footpaths and this is done under the provisions of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984. Hence no maintenance of private lighting even on a rechargeable basis is undetaken.

The stair and backcourt lighting maintenance undertaken by the council is undertaken under the provisions of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982. This is restricted to common stairs and backcourts.

Malcolm
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Bernadette!!! Any news or updates since these letters?
bernimac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

I had the following reply from Gordon Matheson (Labour):-
I would like to help in any way I can, although I suspect that how we make progress here may depend on the ownership of the car-park land.

Craig Mackay(SNP) replied:-
I will see what I can do about improving the street lighting and get back to you once I have more details

Nina Baker(Green Party) replied:-
Is the location you are referring to part of the private land of the estate or is it do you think part of the adopted public roads?

If the former then I would be highly surprised if any council money available for new lights, unless you coul perhaps get some help via the area committee?

It's not looking good with regards to the car park as it seems to be owned by us.

However, I feel, in the interests of safety there must be something that can be done, but I feel we all need to put pressure on our councillors, a single email from me will not be enough (although I did write it in my capacity as chairman of the n'hood watch). I did read about a lady in Port Seton who was having virtually the same problems in the area she stayed and again the council would do nothing as the property was privately owned. I believe she is now taking the matter to her MP.
Antojose01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lighting is most important feature in park, garden, street etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> Common Ground All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: